And now for Kristen’s questions for me:
1. How long have you been blogging? Has your blog changed a lot since then?
I’ve been blogging for just over 1 year. In the beginning, I would post about every workout individually, plus a few other random topics. The writing a post for every workout thing got pretty tiresome, so I switched to writing a weekly workout recap post, and then posting about other running and non-running related things during the week.
2. What is your favorite book?
Pride and Prejudice. Hands down. I’m hoping to have some book reviews to share in the coming weeks/months…if I ever get around to finishing the pile of half read books on my shelf.
3. If you could eat any one item of junk food and NOT have the calories/bad stuff count, what would you choose?
I would have to say chocolate. I have a serious chocolate addiction. I thought I was cured after a summer working in Hershey, PA, but not so much.
4. What’s the coolest thing you have ever done in your life?
Going to Spain when I was 12. Without my parents. The trip was awesome, until I fell of a bike and broke my arm.
5. What do you do to get new readers to follow your blog?
I’ve been slacking in this department lately, but commenting on other blogs, sharing posts on Twitter and Facebook, and participating in Twitter chats like #RunChat are all ways I’ve promoted the blog.
6. Who is your personal hero?
I’m lucky to have a lot of great people in my life. If I had to pick one, I would say my Uncle Tim. Coolest guy ever (except for the fact that he was a Cowboys fan. But I think that was just to annoy the rest of us).
7. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve ever written?
8. Where is your favorite spot to work out?
Outside for sure! I haven’t been to the gym in months, preferring to take my run outdoors and doing my strength training at home. With the colder, darker, fall and winter mornings, I’ll be back at my little corner at Planet Fitness.
9. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
A few weeks before I started my blog, I went through a bout of shin splints and spent a lot of time icing my shins. The highlight was watching the Men’s Olympic 10,000 meter final with a glass of red wine in one hand and an ice pack in the other. I told this story to a friend, who suggested I start a blog about running with ice and wine on the side. A short time later, Running on Cabernet was born.
10. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
I don’t know if they qualify as guilty pleasures, but Burn Notice and Psych come to mind. And I recently binge watched Call the Midwife.
Now it’s your turn! Pick a question and answer in the comments!
Tagged: Liebster Award